IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER.
Your role as an IT Technical Support Officer will involve monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of JPCann Associates Limited and its subsidiaries.
You will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in-person
You will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. The evolving nature of technology and the speed of automation of our processes requires a dynamic person with hands-on experience and technical knowledge in key areas including but not limited to:
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- support the roll-out of new applications.
- set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- prioritize and manage many open cases at one time.
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- test and evaluate new technology.
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Business information technology
- Business systems engineering
- Computer networking and hardware
- Computer science
- Computer software development
- Information technology
- Internet engineering
- Software engineering.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- The ability to think logically.
- a good memory of how software and operating systems work.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- a strong customer focuses.
- The ability to prioritize your workload
- Attention to detail.
At least 4 years practical experience in Information Technology, Network and Database Administration, among others.
Suitable candidates should send updated CV, certifications, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls will be entertained or responded to by the staff of JPCann Associates Limited.
5th February 2021